School Library Policy
The library functions as a place for leisure reading, quiet reflection and intellectual stimulation. In addition to providing quality reading materials, the library aims to help pupils to become lifelong readers.
Library Opening Hours
|School Term Time Monday – Friday|| 9.30 a.m. – 11.30 a.m.
1.30 p.m. – 4.30 p.m.
|School Vacation Time Monday – Friday|| March and September 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
May/June and November 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Students are entitled to borrow up to three books at a time.
- The loan period for books is 14 days.
- The EZ-link student pass functions as a library card.
- Books can be renewed for another 14 days.
- Each book can only be renewed once.
- You may renew an item if:
- The item has not been reserved by another member
- The item has not been renewed before.
- The item is not overdue.
Lost / Damaged Library items
- For every item lost/damaged, the pupil will have to purchase the same titled book as a replacement.
- In the event that the book is no longer available in the market, pupil will have to replace a new book of equivalent value to the library.
- Cash payment is not accepted.
The library aims to promote the love for reading and learning through providing a comfortable and conducive environment. To keep the library environment pleasant, pupils are expected to observe the following library etiquette:
- Speak softly at all times.
- Handle all library materials and facilities with care. Take only a few books from the shelves at a time and return them to the shelves after you have read them.
- Obtain a pass from the librarian for the use of the Multimedia Stations. Each session is limited to 30 minutes.
- Only pupils from Admiralty Primary School are allowed in the library at all times.
- Anyone behaving unacceptably will be asked to leave.